Tell U.S. Representatives: No Biometric Database, No National ID!

The recently-passed Gang of Eight "immigration reform" bill contains language that – if approved by the House – would greatly damage every American's Constitutional right to privacy.

The recently-passed Gang of Eight “immigration reform” bill contains language that – if approved by the House – would greatly damage every American's Constitutional right to privacy.

Page 521 of the Corker-Hoeven Amendment – the final version of S. 744 – details the establishment of a "photo tool": a giant federal database managed by the Department of Homeland Security, supplied with individuals' biometric information from all of the fifty states.

If established, the database would house a file for every individual who carries a driver's license or equivalent state-issued photo I.D.; the file would contain the person's name, age, Social Security number, along with their photograph

Senator Rand Paul believes that the database created by the Immigration Scheme will lead to a National I.D. card.

The Kentucky Senator says, "I worry that the Senate is working to consider a series of little-noticed provisions in comprehensive immigration reform that may provide a pathway to a national ID card for all individuals present in the United States - citizens and non-citizens. These draconian ideas would simply give government too much power."

The Senate already rubber-stamped the national database scheme, but the House has not. While there is still time, we need to rally every U.S. Representative to oppose the Senate’s “photo tool” and oppose the creation a federal biometric database.

If the U.S. Congress agrees on this, our freedom of privacy - our Constitutional "right to be left alone" - will suffer irreparable damage.

Take Action! Sign the petition and tell your U.S. Representative to OPPOSE all attempts to establish a biometric database and national ID through immigration reform legislation! No 'immigration fix' should cost Americans their freedom!

William & Janelle G. from Fairfax, VA writes:
This sounds like Nazi Germany. Scares me that our Congress would even consider this.
Jul 28th, 2013
Reginald D. from Troy, PA signed.
Jul 28th, 2013
James M. from Marina, CA signed.
Jul 28th, 2013
Someone from Spring, TX signed.
Jul 28th, 2013
Russell S. from Maryville, TN signed.
Jul 28th, 2013
Harvey R. from Tucson, AZ signed.
Jul 28th, 2013
Greg D. from Prescott Valley, AZ signed.
Jul 28th, 2013
Someone from Birmingham, AL signed.
Jul 28th, 2013
Someone from North Little Rock, AR signed.
Jul 28th, 2013
Someone from Douglasville, GA signed.
Jim B. from Rural Hall, NC writes:
How does an ILLEGAL ALIEN/IMMIGRATION BILL all of a sudden include a Biometric data base of LEGALIZED CITIZENS OR NATURAL CITIZENS and for what purpose other than to further track our every move, every purchase, letter we mail or e-mail we send!!! obama is trying to totally turn this into and islamic nation and also turning it into a third world type nation by forcing us deeper in debt, taxed to death till we all, depend on the government to run our lives for us!!! I'm sorry, these are all PHONY STATEMENTS, not a word of truth in them, as per obama!!! Please stand up a call out that this person is a liar, cheat, guilty of U.S. Constitutional violations and must be IMPEACHED NOW!!! If clinton was almost impeached for what he did and the disgrace he brought upon the greatest office in the free world, the this guy surely meets those levels for impeachment!! We need a special investigator to start the ball rolling on all of these Phony Charges and distractions as obama calls them!!! The only problem we face then is we all wind up with the babbling fool, biden!! Please work together as one party whatever the name you agree to march under, but stand for something and get it done for AMERICA NOW, before it is too late!!!
Jul 28th, 2013
Someone from Shelton, CT signed.
Jul 28th, 2013
Someone from Beachwood, OH signed.
Jul 28th, 2013
Warren C. from Phoenix, AZ signed.
glenn b. from Live Oak, FL writes:
Proudly show my name. Frankly I think some law branches are already implimenting this. I had an interesting situation happen to me a few weeks ago at a sporting goods store (Gander Mountain). I am very vocal against Obama and Eric Holder and Hillary and thier group. Oh, yea and the IRS.. My son posted on facebook that we were going there on a particular day. When I entered some employees and security took notice. Some kinda followed me around the store. When I strolled into the black powder area and then into the hand gun department I felt I was being strongly followed and watched. We left the store without making any purchase. I then observed that I was being followed for at least 30 miles until I had crossed out of the Alachua county area. This was very disturbing to me. About two weeks later Fox news started reporting on this facial recognition stuff. I kindas knew before this possibilty of facial recognition was being reported that it was and is happening NOW. Scares the panties off of me.
Jul 28th, 2013
Ray And Sherry B. from Cordova, TN signed.
Jul 28th, 2013
Ray B. from Cordova, TN signed.
Jul 28th, 2013
Theresa O. from Crowley, LA signed.
Jul 28th, 2013
Someone from Grand Island, NE signed.
Jul 28th, 2013
Someone from Hanceville, AL signed.
Jul 28th, 2013
Cynthia D. from Mankato, MN signed.
CJeanne D. from Rockford, IL writes:
Please don't rubber stamp approval to this scheme and further destroy Americans right to privacy and further the dictatorship and control of the federal government. America is becoming a police state and this legislation only enhances that. I expect those who represent me to abide by the constitution and to vote to protect my rights - and not go along with the government takeover of this country.
Jul 28th, 2013
Sheila L. from El Paso, TX signed.
Jul 28th, 2013
Vincent A. from Holdrege, NE signed.
Jul 27th, 2013
William Lucas H. from Longmont, CO signed.
Jul 27th, 2013
loyd t. from Phil Campbell, AL signed.
Jul 27th, 2013
Shelton G. from Gatesville, TX signed.
Jul 27th, 2013
Kathleen T. from Diamond Bar, CA signed.
roberta s. from Merrick, NY writes:
tired of big government interfrence
Tommy R. from Elberton, GA writes:
We simply cannot believe this unthinkable plan that the Democrats want to rule our entire lives and know everything about everyone. They can't even manage what few Government Programs they are already over. Healthcare, IRS, Immigration, Family Failure, and all the other programs that have failed under their administration. For the sake of our citizens, please do not let the happen.
Jul 27th, 2013
Joan M. from Tehachapi, CA signed.
Ingrid P. from Washburn, WI writes:
Gentlemen and women,we all want to keep our Privacy,as do you.Only in Communist Countries was it required to know Everything about the Citizens,and we ARE not one of those,are we?
Jul 27th, 2013
Guy C. from Eastport, NY signed.
Calvin A. from Salt Lake City, UT writes:
If we can do this, why isn't it possible to stop illegals at the border or the shopping mall?
Jul 27th, 2013
Kathleen M. from Nokomis, FL signed.
Jul 27th, 2013
Someone from Niles, MI signed.
Jul 27th, 2013
Robert & Marian S. from Lawson, MO signed.
Jul 27th, 2013
Thomas F. from Corinna, ME signed.
Jul 27th, 2013
Someone from Pleasant Hill, MO signed.
Jul 27th, 2013
Someone from Portland, OR signed.